Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunday, August 21: Day off at Glacier

After a long night where several large trains seemed to be traveling thru our bedroom, we decided to relax that day and skip the sightseeing. We were officially in the town of Essex, which was only a couple of miles (according to the map) down good ‘ol Highway 2E, so I decided to drive down into Essex, mail some postcards, buy a Sunday paper, and do some grocery shopping. Driving down the road, I found no sign of a town anywhere! Then I came upon a small restaurant/grocery establishment called “The Halfway House”. I pulled in only to find that they are closed on Sundays. My luck was that it was Sunday. I drove further down the road until I saw a sign for a lodge, so I pulled off on a side road and came to a fine looking, large rustic lodge. Inside the lobby, I asked where the nearest place for groceries was and they said “The Halfway House”! I asked if they could mail my postcards, which they did and I was on my way back to the trailer without the Sunday paper or any groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment